AngelRide: A unique, transformative athletic endurance experience.
AngelRide is one of New England’s premier charity bicycle rides, providing riders, volunteers, sponsors and donors with a two-day experience unlike any other.
From the athletic challenge of the 135-mile ride, to the camaraderie of the riders and volunteers, to the direct impact on the lives of children with serious illnesses, it’s easy to see why AngelRide has become a Memorial Day weekend tradition for so many.
Quick facts about AngelRide
- Presented by Angel Charitable Trust, an all-volunteer 501(c)(3) non-profit
- 100% of the rider donations benefit children with serious illnesses
- Named for Angela “Angel” Uihlein, diagnosed with leukemia at age 12
- Nearly $4 million raised since 2004
- More than 375 riders and 350 volunteers each year
- More than 6,000 annual donors and sponsors
- Tax ID # 05-6138536
- 2004: The first AngelRide – 32 riders, supporting Hole in the Wall Gang Camp and financially distressed families of children with cancer
- 2005: AngelRide profits provide a laptop to every child in Connecticut with cancer and the remaining funds go to the Hole in the Wall Gang Camp
- 2007: Profits are dedicated to Hole in the Wall Gang Camp’s Hospital Outreach Program
- 2012: $655,000 raised for the cause
- 2013: AngelRide celebrates its 10th anniversary ride
- 2013: Over $750,000 raised