AngelRide Re-Imagined: An Event to Remember!
It's all about the experience.
One day. One location.
Wait until you see what's new!
This close knit community focuses on the extraordinary cause supporting tens of thousands of hospitalized children through epic fundraising efforts.
Join us Saturday, May 27th
Based out of the Hole in the Wall Gang Camp (started by Paul Newman in 1988 as an escape for seriously ill children) AngelRide has something to offer for everyone, not just road warriors.
- Road riders will be riding 25, 50 or 75 miles through central Connecticut. Their backdrop; quaint towns, open farmland and iconic woodlands.
- Little Angels, who are 7-11 years old can sign up for the 4.5 course.
- Teen Angels who are 12-14 years old can sign up to take part in the 25-mile ride
- Mountain bikers can ride 10 miles of the beautiful trails around the two hundred acre Camp.
- Combo mountain bike and road ride. Mountain bike 10 miles and then get on the road for either 25 or 50 miles.
- Runners can circle on the beautiful lakeside trails for a full 5K.
- Walkers can take a leisurely or brisk 3 mile walk to some of the most isolated parts of the Camp property.
Aiming to be a day of merriment and joy, invited guests are also invited to participate:
- Arts & crafts
- As well as the central fun center (the Cabin Circle) with many additional activities.
Bonus: Overnight Experience
Road riders are invited to stay overnight at Camp on Friday evening and partake in dinner in the dining hall followed by entertainment in the theater by a world renowned musical artist. Then enjoy a restful night in the special cabins that have housed tens of thousands of Campers over the past 29 years. So come join us and be part of the extraordinary AngelRide community that has changed their lives by making a real difference in the lives of others. This offer is for registered road riders. Space is limited and offered in order of registration, but you must sign up.
Quick facts about AngelRide
- Presented by Angel Charities, Inc.
- Named for Angela "Angel" Uihlein, diagnosed with leukemia at age 12
- Over $5.5 million raised since 2004
- More than 350 riders and 375 volunteers each year
- More than 6,000 annual donors and sponsors
- 2004: The first AngelRide – 32 riders, supporting Hole in the Wall Gang Camp and financially distressed families of children with cancer
- 2005: AngelRide profits provide a laptop to every child in Connecticut newly diagnosed with cancer and the remaining funds go to the Hole in the Wall Gang Camp
- 2006: All profits are dedicated to Hole in the Wall Gang Camp's Hospital Outreach® Program
- 2012: $655,000 raised for the cause
- 2013: AngelRide celebrates its 10th anniversary ride
- 2013: Over $735,000 raised
- 2017: The NEW AngelRide starts with more routes, more events, more family participation and the same "special feeling"